Downsampling of air pollution and weather models for urban scales.
January 1, 2013, to December 31, 2015
This project aims to improve real-time predictions for weather and air-quality conditions on urban scales, considering orographic, and urban development aspects. The resulting urban weather model will be used by the project partner VRV and provides citizens with additional information about their urban environment in 3-D animations or augmented reality overlays. Aside from the research aspect, the project focuses on the development of applications, improving citizens’ quality of life.
- High-resolution spatio-temporal predictions of severe weather (e.g. to localize flash floods in a timely fashion)
- Snowfall predictions on street-to-street level for timely winter service alerts
- A comfort index that allows citizens to estimate their exposure to pollution, heat, or UV radiation
- Air-quality predictions for different districts in Vienna for particulate matter, ozone, and carbon monoxide
- Watering recommendations for gardeners and green areas
- VRVis VRVis Center for Virtual Reality and Visualization Research GmbH
This project is cofinanced by ZIT – Center for Innovation and Technology of the City of Vienna
More information at: email@example.com