Enhancing the efficiency of alerting systems through personalized, culturally sensitive multichannel communication.
January 1, 2011, to December 31, 2013
The OPTI-ALERT project enhanced the efficiency of severe weather alerting systems through personalized, culturally sensitive multichannel communication. This tailor-made communication even identifies groups with particular cultural characteristics such as special idioms of a certain language.
UBIMET’s focus of the project was to create an adaptive severe weather alerting system that en- ables an intuitive and ad hoc adaptation of alerting strategies – given specific alerting contexts, as mentioned above.
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. FOKUS (lead partner)
- e*Message Wireless Information Services Deutschland GmbH
- UNIQA Versicherungen AG
- Göteborgs Universitet
- Süddeutsches Institut für empirische Sozialforschung e.V. Regione Sicilia
- Nederlands Instituut Fysieke Veiligheid
- Università degli Studi di Perugia
- Thales Services SAS
This project received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programm for research, technological development, and demonstration under grant agreement no. 261699 (Call ID: FP7-SEC-2010-1)