Enhancing the efficiency of alerting systems through personalized, culturally sensitive multichannel communication.
January 1st 2011 until December 31st 2013
The OPTI-ALERT project enhanced the efficiency of severe weather alerting systems through personalized, culturally sensitive multichannel communication. This tailor-made communication even identifies groups with particular cultural characteristics such as special idioms of a certain language. UBIMET’s focus of the project was to create an adaptive severe weather alerting system that enables an intuitive and ad hoc adaptation of alerting strategies – given specific alerting contexts, as mentioned above.
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. FOKUS (lead partner)
- e*Message Wireless Information Services Deutschland GmbH
- UNIQA Versicherungen AG
- Göteborgs Universitet
- Süddeutsches Institut für empirische Sozialforschung e.V. Regione Sicilia
- Nederlands Instituut Fysieke Veiligheid
- Università degli Studi di Perugia
- Thales Services SAS
This project received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development, and demonstration under grant agreement no. 261699 (Call ID: FP7-SEC-2010-1)