Sustainability at UBIMET
Ecological operational management is a high priority at UBIMET as an international meteorological service. In order to enable employees to work in a consciously sustainable manner, the necessary framework conditions are created in the company, which are regularly evaluated and continuously optimized.
- UBIMET’s headquarters in Vienna offers employees and guests the opportunity to reach it by public transport or by bicycle due to its location and connections.
- Employees with company cars are offered incentives to increasingly switch to public transport.
- Wherever possible, business trips are organized using public transport and optimal route planning in order to consciously keep CO2 emissions low.
- A structured ordering system reduces travel distances, and attention is paid to regionality in the selection of products used.
- The data centers obtain electricity from 100% renewable energy sources.
- Employees make conscious use of resources and keep energy consumption low by switching off technical equipment and lights that are not in use.
- An energy-efficient and automated heating and cooling system switches to night mode in the evening to save energy.
- Digital communication minimizes the consumption of paper and printer cartridges. Only recycled paper is used at UBIMET.
- Waste garbage cans are available in all rooms of the UBIMET office building to guarantee efficient waste separation.